Sex is not the climax of a relationship, pardon the pun, but those moments at 2am when you wake up to her lips on your lips, her sleep-heavy body lying across yours, knowing the world is asleep whilst you move together, calling to a god that neither of you believe in… those moments are what I live for.
1. He is going to break your heart.
2. Don’t listen to him when he says he’ll never leave. Six months from the moment he says “I love you” for the first time, you will find yourself falling apart on the bathroom floor when he kisses the pretty blonde.
3. You will spend your entire summer trying to forget what his mouth tastes like. You will be riding in the car on the way to the beach with your friends and you will taste his tongue. Chew a piece of gum. It’ll be okay.
4. Kissing boys with the same smile as him will not make the heartache go away. In fact, it will make it worse.
5. You’re going to see him again, but this time he will not say hello. He will walk past you as if he never knew you, and your chest will cave in. Don’t let him know it got to you.
6. You will try, but you won’t be able to listen to your favorite record anymore, because it will remind you of that night he kissed your entire body. Turn it off and go to sleep.
7. Six months will pass by and you’ll realize you haven’t cried. You will look in the mirror and be able to see yourself without imagining his arms wrapped around your waist.
8. It’s going to hurt for a long time, baby girl. But you’ll fall in love again. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight.
Things I wish I knew before you broke my heart (via myheartin—words)